Every week, I co-host the Friday Five linkup with Eat Pray Run, DC and Mar on the Run, and every week we email each other to chat about the theme. What should our theme be? What do we want to write about? What would be fun to read about from others? This week we chose a fun, open-ended theme: “My 5 Favorite ___”. I love the fill-in-the-blank themes and seeing what others choose – be sure to check out the linkup of other running and fitness blogs below to see what they did with the theme!
Yesterday’s post about my six-mile run contained this photo that I absolutely loved. The sun peeking through the trees was just stunning. I loved it so much I made a running inspirational quote graphic and used it as the background. So since I typically yammer on too long, I decided to choose an almost-wordless theme: “My 5 Favorite Running Photos“. You see, I take photos while running. Sometimes lots of photos! So I wanted to share five awesome ones.
1. I took some cool photos while running in Venice, Italy last summer. This one was just awesome looking up the street near the place we were staying.
2. I love this photo from running up a mountain in Switzerland last summer.
Because… cow. Really close cow.
3. We’re taking a time machine back to 2008 when my daughter was 2.5 and we ran at the Cape Cod National Seashore. This was our 2-mile water stop. I love, love that place and grew up going there every single summer since my grandparents lived on the Cape.
4. And now this moment during the Disney Enchanted 10K (part of the Glass Slipper Challenge along with the Princess Half Marathon). I just loved running through Epcot with the lights glistening on the water!
5. I’m so lucky to be able to run around Washington, DC from my office building downtown sometimes. I couldn’t pick just one so this is a two-fer from one evening in October last year.
Gotta love Georgetown at sunset.
BONUS: Since it inspired this post, I’ll say yesterday’s 6-mile run through the woods and around a little lake. Sometimes it’s the simple moments.
Do you ever take photos of what you see on your running adventures?
Where is an interesting place that you have gone running?