Happy Friday! Courtney, Mar, and I decided on a delicious Friday Five theme – “Favorite Fall Foods”. I have a lot of favorites when it comes to fall foods and I thought it would be tough to narrow them down to only five, so I got creative! I created a Foodie.com recipe collection with my five favorite Thanksgiving foods (besides turkey)!
Feel free to explore and share the collection and bookmark the recipes into your own collection on Foodie. It contains my go-to Cinnamon Wheat Bread recipe, which I make for every family gathering and will be bringing for Thanksgiving! I also typically bring a veggie side dish and/or salad, so I went on the hunt for great sides with these Five Favorite Thanksgiving Foods:
1. Green Beans. I have never had the famous “Green Bean Casserole” that everyone talks about as a Thanksgiving staple, but I do make a green bean dish for most Thanksgiving dinners. I usually blanch them and then toss them with mushrooms sauteed in garlic and olive oil. It’s hard not to overcook it though since I make it ahead of time at my house and then have to transport it to the dinner.
2. Butternut Squash. I love everything about it! In the oven, as a soup – you name it, I’ll eat it if it’s butternut squash.
3. Sweet Potatoes.There’s something about orange food and Thanksgiving – there seems to be a lot of it, but it’s all delicious to me.
4. Cinnamon. Okay, maybe cinnamon isn’t a “food”, it’s more of an “ingredient”. But add it to sweet potatoes, add it to the bread – add it to anything and it screams “fall” and “Thanksgiving” to me!
5. Cranberries. My siblings and I insist that Thanksgiving includes three kinds of cranberry dishes on Thanksgiving – cranberry relish, cranberry sauce, and cranberry jelly. Well, my mom doesn’t have to “make” the last one – it’s the one that comes in a can. But everyone has their favorite and nobody will do without it on Thanksgiving.
So now that I’ve drooled over the recipes, I can plan my Thanksgiving menu! I only have to prepare a couple sides and the bread, my mom does all the hard work!
What’s the one Thanksgiving dish that you can’t live without?
Don’t forget our Instagram challenge going on now through the 26th! Just follow the prompts and you could win a prize.
Visit the other blogs linked up below for more fall food inspiration!
This is a sponsored post with Foodie.com but all opinions are my own!