It’s one crazy week for me at work – we have a big project with concerts all over the city. This means day and almost every night too, so I’ve barely seen a computer. But alas, it’s time for the Friday Five already with my co-hosts Courtney and Mar. But what fun – today’s topic is “5 Things I Like About My Favorite City”. I thought long and hard about what my *favorite* city is, and it’s a tough call! Do I write about a city I’ve visited that I love? A city I’ve previously lived in that brings me fond memories? Well, I’ve decided to take the easy route and tell you Five Things I Love About Washington, DC.
I live outside of the city but work downtown in Washington, DC and love so many things about the city. Here are 5 things!
1. Gorgeous scenery and buildings. The city is full of white marble. It’s lovely. I run around the city sometimes from my office building and it’s just awesome. Here’s a photo I took while running one day – the full post with more pictures is here.
2. Lots of history. It’s amazing that everywhere you look, there’s something significant.
3. Tons of things to do with kids and without – much of it for free! The museums, the zoo, the outdoor activities – there are tons of (free!) things to do in DC.
4. Arts and culture. I work in the DC arts environment and there is SO much happening here. I only wish I had more time to attend great theater, music, dance, and other great events when I’m nor working them!
Okay, this was at a concert outside the city but come on – how cute is this? It’s from the Victoria Justice and Big Time Rush concert.
5. Easy access to lots of other cities by car, plane, train, or bus. I can get to another cool city easily. Our au pairs come from another country and live with us for a year, and it’s neat that they can plan weekend trips to so many cool places!
On a bus from DC to New York!