Hello from a random airport hotel in Europe! I’m probably on the plane while you’re reading this, and to be honest, it’s been a really crazy and exhausting trip. I’ve been traveling 11 days, been to 7 cities, in 5 countries, attempted to speak 5 different languages, and taken 11 flights. I’ll be glad to be home this evening! So today’s Friday Five, co-hosted by me, Courtney, and Mar, is one of my favorite topics – Indoor Workouts. I feel like I’ve been stuck indoors for a while, unable to run or bike outside due to weather, so I’ve been having fun discovering a lot of indoor workouts through the gloomy weather.
I know my posting timing has been kind of random this week, but I’m in another time zone at the mercy of hotel WiFi, a borrowed IPad, and hotel computers. So please don’t miss my other posts this week: Adaptogen Science TastyWHEY Review, MCM Mama‘s guest post on Tips For Maintaining Balance Durin Marathon Training, Family Date Night with Bumble Bee SuperFresh Seafood (totally delicious!), and today’s second post: Tips For Improving Quality of Life in the Workplace. Thank you thank you!
We’ve chatted about Favorite Winter Activities, but that wasn’t all indoor, so I’ll give you a run-down of my Five Favorite Indoor Workouts!
1. Pilates. It’s such a fabulous core workout! I’ve been without it for a month and I can totally tell the difference. Back to it after my trip!
2. Barre. My Barre3 package ran out and I’ve been in withdrawal. I had renewed, bought a deal package, renewed again, but took a little break to try other things. I’m about to try Pure Barre this month and can’t wait to see how they differ! I plan to get back to Barre3 this month too! Barre is a great strength and overall body workout.
3. Cycling classes. These are so much fun and an awesome workout. I’m keeping my legs in shape with cycling classes and riding my bike on the bike trainer. And I get to go with my dad sometimes!
4. Swimming. I may be slightly obsessed with Masters Swimming lately. Once I got into a groove, I realized how AMAZING swimming is for my health. And I feel like I’m finally seeing some improvement and I want to keep at it!
5. Yoga. I’ve been inconsistent with yoga, but I’m at the point where I want to commit. I want to get better and I want to reach deeper with it. I’ve started feeling the benefits of it mentally and not just physically, and I think it will make me a better runner and triathlete. I’ll be chatting more about yoga this month!
What’s your favorite indoor workout? Do you do yoga or pilates or barre?
Don’t forget to visit other blogs in the linkup and find some new reads! I’ll be visiting this weekend as I recover from my jet lag.