Today’s Friday Five linkup co-hosted by me, Courtney and Mar is a fun one. As you can probably tell by the name of this blog, I like to sign up for races. A lot of races… So the theme “5 Races to Run in 2015” just spoke to me. Of course I’m a triathlete too, so I’m including a triathlon or two on my list. I’ll post my entire race calendar soon, but here’s a teaser, along with some race discount codes for a few of them!
Yesterday I posted about my 2015 race goals of staying more local. While I did some local races in 2014, I was all over the place from the Glass Slipper Challenge/Princess Half Marathon to the NYC Triathlon. I’m thrilled to discover more local races this year with a few racecations tossed in for variety.
1. Rock n Roll DC half marathon. This is a bucket list race, and I had my sights set on it this year! I work downtown and it’s always fun to run right by my office. I’m a tad behind on my training (hello, it was 3 degrees this morning – THREE!), so I’m not going to be breaking any race PRs.
As a Rock n Blogger, I have a discount to share for the entire Rock n Roll Race Series: YOUSIGNEDUP will give you a discount on any race but Las Vegas and Mexico.
Here’s where you can help me out: For being a Rock n Blogger, I get to pick two other Rock n Roll races. It’s hard to find races that fit with my family and work schedule, and that don’t conflict with my triathlon training. I’m considering Rock n Roll Chicago, Virginia Beach, Savannah, or maybe there is some way I could swing a weekend away for Las Vegas (doubtful!). There’s also word of a new race in Brooklyn, but the date isn’t set yet and it may conflict with a triathlon I’m interested in doing.
Any tips on which one I should try to make happen?
2. Columbia Half Marathon. Next on my race calendar is the Columbia Half Marathon in Maryland on April 26. This is a brand new race that took over the hole that the Iron Girl half marathon left when it moved off the spring date. I’m really looking forward to this race, as I’ve done other RipIt Events races, and I’m one of the Columbia Half Marathon Ambassadors. I have a discount code but you have to email me or message me on Twitter or Facebook if you want it so we can chat about the race!
3. Frederick Half Marathon. I simply loved this half marathon last year! Here’s my race recap. I can’t do it again this year because the date doesn’t work, but I highly recommend it. Not so huge that you’re crushed by people in the starting corral, but big enough to have great spectator support.
4. Iron Girl Columbia. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Iron Girl triathlon series. I love the atmosphere and the experience and was so thrilled to become an Iron Girl at my very first triathlon in Rocky Gap. That race doesn’t exist anymore, and I did the Iron Girl Columbia last year and loved it. The experience was fantastic and the course was challenging and exciting!
It’s a definite annual must-do for me from now on. Don’t tell my husband I have a race on his birthday and he has to get up and feed the kids breakfast!
5. ZOOMA Annapolis. I’ve made no secret of my love of the ZOOMA race series, and I’m thrilled to be a ZOOMA Annapolis Ambassador again in 2015. I loved the experience and the atmosphere of ZOOMA – a racecation with girlfriends. I roomed with Courtney and met a lot of other awesome ladies at the race – a true girls’ weekend!
Here’s my ZOOMA Annapolis discount code: CYNTHIA15 for 10% off!
BONUS #6: Events DC Nation’s Triathlon. Yes, it’s a Friday Five and this is #6, but dd you read my post yesterday about my race goals and the Events DC Nation’s Triathlon? Like Rock n Roll DC, this race goes right by my office and I am going to train on the course. I’m going to set some specific goals for this race and work towards them as I train for the race. Join me with the discount code CYNTHIA!
GUEST POST ALERT:
Did you catch my guest post on Coach Daddy this week? I wrote a meaningful post about Things my Dad Taught Me About Sports and Life. – go check it out!
What’s the first race of your season?
Are you doing any of these races in 2015?
Have you done a Rock n Roll race before? Which one?