And like Mar says in her post, it’s tough because I laugh at all the race signs but then I had trouble remembering some of them when writing this post!
So I’ll give it my best shot and please list your favorite race sign in the comments!
FIVE BEST RACE SIGNS
1. REMEMBER, YOU PAID MONEY TO DO THIS. True story.
2. BECAUSE 26.3 WOULD BE CRAZY. Makes me giggle as I run a race. Especially when my Garmin ends up saying .2 over the mileage because of weaving, etc.
3. IF IT WERE EASY, IT WOULD BE CALLED YOUR MOM. Okay, every time I see this sign on a race course (which is rare!) I crack up and cannot stop. A long time ago, my sister and I had a “Yo Momma” joke book and we used to tell each other all these jokes. Which were, of course, ridiculously hilarious to us because we have the same mom.
4. TOUCH HERE FOR POWER. I love love when kids have a sign that says this. I try to touch their sign as I run by but don’t always make it. I just love that they’re out there cheering and doing something motivational for the athletes!
5. WHEN YOUR LEGS GET TIRED, RUN WITH YOUR HEART! This sign is meaningful to me. When I ran the Nike Women’s Half Marathon in DC in 2013, it was my first post-third-baby race. It was the race that got me back to exercising, on the path to losing weight and finally getting in shape.
And at the Expo, there was a station to make race signs. I thought it was awesome and made a custom sign for my kids to hold. I sampled LUNA bars, thought the sign station was super cool, and gave the sign to my dad and kids for race day.
Now I know that the station was sponsored and organized by the LUNA Chix. And now, two years later, I am now a LUNA Chix team member. How cool is that?
I just love this pic of my dad and kids holding the sign since it means so much to me, and the phrase still makes me feel something.
From the Nike Women’s Half Marathon in 2013. My older two kids look YOUNG here!
Spectators at races are amazing and races are so much better with awesome cheering spectators holding motivational, funny, or just plain silly signs!
What’s the best race sign you’ve seen?
Join our linkup – just check out the linkup rules here and then add your “five” post!