Happy Friday! It’s been a quiet week on the blog because it’s been a really busy week at home since my European adventure. I’m getting back into the swing of things and expect more regular posts starting next week. The good news is that I’ve been doing great at fitting in my workouts this week and I’ll get back to posting workout recaps! I’ve been losing weight and also getting fitter before the running and triathlon season starts.
For today’s Friday Five linkup with me, Courtney and Mar, the general theme is fitness. I don’t know if I’ve spelled out my 2016 Race Calendar publicly yet, because so many things are still in the works and my schedule has been so complicated. So I thought today I’d share Five Races I’m Running this Spring. And I’m thrilled to also host a giveaway for an entry to a ZOOMA race!
1. Rock n Roll DC – March 12. My first running race of the season is Rock n Roll DC in a week! I can’t wait – I did this race last year in the pouring rain (recap here) and am looking forward to another shot at it in nicer weather to get the full experience. It was a monumental race for me, achieving my first sub-2 half marathon despite the weather!
I’m a Rock n Blogger again in 2016, so you can use discount code YOUSIGNEDUP for a Rock n Roll DC discount and expect to see me at some other Rock n Roll races this year as I finalize my schedule.
2. Charlottesville Ten Miler – March 19. My LUNA Chix triathlon team is becoming a running team this year, which is going to be a neat shift. We’re kicking off our season with a team retreat in Charlotttesville. When we realized our retreat was the weekend of the Charlottesville Ten Miler, it made perfect sense to run the race!
3. Cherry Blossom Ten Miler – April 3. I love this race and haven’t done it in years. The last time I was registered I had to transfer my entry due to pregnancy, so I’m looking forward to this iconic, gorgeous DC race!
4. Pike’s Peek 10K – April 24. Okay, this is a little different. I’m not running the Pike’s Peek 10K, but I’m helping to run the race. It’s a great 10K in the DC area with a net downhill and a great atmosphere. Here’s my recap from 2014 (the finish line is modified since this recap). I’m helping out with race directing and learning a lot.
5. ZOOMA Annapolis – June 4. As you know, I’m a huge ZOOMA Women’s Race Series fan. This will be my third year as a ZOOMA Ambassador and it will be my third year at the Annapolis race. Last year I did the 10K (10K recap here) because it was right before Ironman 70.3 Eagleman, but in 2014 I ran the half marathon (half marathon recap here).
In 2016, because I don’t have a big triathlon in the early part of the season, I’m going to do the half marathon again!
ZOOMA also has races in Florida and Cape Cod and they make the perfect racecations! Want to win an entry to any ZOOMA race this season? Just enter via the Rafflecopter form below! If you don’t win or don’t want to wait to see if you win, use my discount code CYNTHIA16 for 10% off Annapolis, Cape Cod, or Florida! The price for Annapolis increases on March 12.
After these Spring races, I’ll delve into duathlons and triathlons. I only have a couple big ones on the schedule for the fall – Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City and Ironman 70.3 North Carolina – but haven’t registered for any other races leading up to it as I work out my life and schedule. I have an idea of what I want to do but need to wait a little while before committing.
Another fun thing – I’m going to do an Instagram giveaway when I hit 5,000 followers, so be sure to go follow me on Instagram if you aren’t already!
What’s one running race you’re looking forward to in 2016?
So… looking for more Friday Five fitness posts? Here you go!