And just like that… it’s Christmas this weekend. I always say it sneaks up on me more and more each year. But here it is, December 23, and I am mostly done with my shopping. I had to let some things go and prioritize what mattered the most, but I got the part-time job of Christmas shopping done. Now on to wrapping like a maniac.
So what do I want this Christmas? Well, I’ll tell you.
[Spoiler alert: I’m not wishing for material things!]
All I want for Christmas is…
1. Special Christmas memories with my kids. There is nothing more amazing than Christmas morning with the kids. The kids and I recently decorated the tree, and it was the signal that Christmas is coming, and to get in the mood for a great holiday!
Their dad and I are trying to keep Christmas the same for them, despite not living together anymore. We get along great and are good friends, so it’s going to be a fun weekend making special memories for the kids. I can’t wait to see their excitement on Christmas morning!
2. A few great workouts. Yep, I’m planning some rides and runs in the quieter week that lays ahead. I’m doing a 10-mile run with my group tomorrow – it’s a point-to-point from the suburbs down into DC to look at the pretty Christmas trees. That should be fun. Then next week when I’m done “being Santa”, I’ll get in some solid time on the bike.
3. Catching up at work. My job is go-go-go all the time, and I typically have a lot of meetings, rehearsals, and concerts. But it should be a bit quieter next week in the office, so I’m hoping for time to catch up on things and get ahead.
4. Time at home. Yes, I have some days in the office next week, but with the holidays comes a little extra time at home. I’m looking forward to taking a breath, regrouping, and starting the new year off at my 100% energy level.
5. Time with family friends. Christmas means family time – a bit holiday dinner tonight with extended family, and a big Christmas celebration on Sunday. I can’t wait. Also, reconnecting with old friends, spending time with new friends, and generally taking a step back to enjoy the people who are special in my life – this is an important part of my holidays every year.
So that’s all I want for Christmas!
And…. let’s just hope this doesn’t happen again this year.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, happy holidays, or even just peaceful winter weekend wishes to you!