This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser SToK™. All opinions are mine alone. #SToKCoffee #Cbias
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to get out there and do stuff. Yes, “do stuff” is a non-technical term for being active, going on adventures, and just basically enjoying life’s experiences. There’s a famous (well, famous in my family!) autobiography I wrote in elementary school where I cite my dislikes as “standing around and doing nothing”, “things that are boring”, “being bored”, and spinach. And these days, the only thing I’ve changed my mind about on that list is spinach. The best things in life are about experiences, creativity, people, and adventures! I write and talk a lot about fueling this lifestyle with healthy food, but I’m always honest when people ask how I do it all: coffee. So I’m being honest again when I say that my new secret weapon to fueling my adventures is SToK™ Coffee.
SToK™ is a cold brew coffee that I can pour and drink right out of the bottle. No brewing, no fuss. It’s a time-saver for me when I need to get out the door, or take something on-the-go.
My mornings are often, shall we say… hectic. I head out the door early in the morning for a run, swim, or a bike ride. I rush back to get kids ready for the day, and then I head out to work. My weekends are a mix – I might be going on a hike, biking 70 miles, swimming in a lake with friends, or indoor rock climbing, You just never know what the adventure of the day might be!
I love delicious coffee, and being able to just pour a cup and go has been a great perk – no more grinding, brewing, and waiting.
SToK™ has a few varieties, but since I drink my coffee black and am on a very low-sugar diet these days, the SToK™ Unsweet Cold Brew Coffee has been the key for me. I may already be addicted to black coffee, but SToK™ has made it even easier to guzzle a cup to get me moving.
Don’t be put off by the term “Unsweet”. It’s delicious – it’s slow-brewed and bold but has a smooth taste. Compared to black coffee that I typically drink, it actually tastes as if it has a mild sweetness – but there isn’t any sugar added! It’s just the way it’s brewed.
You don’t have to be a black coffee drinker to enjoy it. I did a taste test with my brother and his girlfriend and they love it, and they aren’t typically black coffee drinkers. They agreed that it’s not bitter even though it’s unsweetened.
I eat pretty healthy without much processed food, so I love that it is pure coffee with no weird ingredients. The ingredients are only coffee and natural flavors. These coffee geeks have worked hard to make something that can fuel my adventures in a clean way, and taste good in the process.
I’ve been taking it on the go in to-go mugs, and also drinking it in place of my previous afternoon cup of hot coffee for some refreshment. It may be bold, but since it’s very “drinkable”, it’s a refreshing cold drink. Nothing needs to be added to it.
SToK™ uses Arabica beans, and has a Brazilian Blend flavor profile, if you’re interested in what to expect.
But the easiest way to know if you’d like it is to try it yourself! I picked up SToK™ Unsweet Cold Brew Coffee at Walmart – it was easy to find near the iced teas and other cold beverages.
I’m always asked for tips on how to become a morning workout person. Believe me, I used to barely have the energy to get ready for the day and out the door for work. Now, I get up and I’m energized, and then work out as soon as possible!
5 Steps to Being Active in the Morning
1. Find what you love. Picking an activity that gets you excited is the key. Sure, some workouts are chores – but if you can find a sport, place to hike, or people to be active with, it will get you moving!
2. Set out your clothes the night before. Lay out the clothes you want to wear for your morning activity. Be sure to include socks, headband, hat – anything you need depending on whether you’re going out for an adventurous hike, a run, or just for a walk.
3. Organize your gear and charge up your tech. If you use a fitness watch or activity tracker, charge it up. Organize any gear you may need – backpack, headphones, water bottle. Get everything ready the night before.
4. Get a good night’s sleep. I’m guilty of going to bed too late and then up early for my activities all too often, but when I have something I’m excited about doing in the morning, I make a point to get the sleep I need. Figure out how much sleep you function well on and coordinate your bedtime so that you have the best shot at energy for your morning activity.
5. Keep it simple when you wake. I need my coffee in the morning. But grind, brew, pour, drink – that takes precious time. I keep it simple and just pour a cup of SToK™ in the morning to streamline my morning routine. Other ideas for keeping it simple are to have your workout or route planned out, and to have a go-to pre-workout meal you always eat. This takes the guesswork out. I tend to make a protein/banana/almond butter mash. Pour the coffee, eat the mash, and I’m ready to run out the door!
From one coffee addict to another, I’m admitting that I’m hooked on SToK™ now as a staple in my active outdoor lifestyle.
Are you a coffee drinker? Do you drink it black or add to it?