Each week, I co-host two really fun blog linkups with some awesome people: Friday Five with tons of running blogs and fitness friends, and Tri Talk Tuesday with triathlon blogs.
Starting in 2016, we’re changing up the Friday Five linkup and experimenting with not having specific themes assigned to each date. Instead, we’re going to have a general theme for each week that repeats each month. Write what you want on the theme – we love seeing your creative and unique spin on the Friday Five!
Each month, it will go like this:
- FIRST FRIDAY – FITNESS
- SECOND FRIDAY – FOOD & DRINK
- THIRD FRIDAY – FAVORITES
- FOURTH FRIDAY – FREE FRIDAY
In months with a FIFTH FRIDAY, it’s another FREE FRIDAY. Write what you’d like!
If you need ideas within the topic, click on the Friday Five tag in the tag cloud in the right sidebar, and you’ll find tons of posts and a linkup at the bottom of each one with other bloggers’ posts.
HOW DO YOU JOIN IN?
To Link up: 1) Write a post about 5 things, 2) Link back to one or all of our blogs (You Signed Up For WHAT?!, Mar on the Run, & Eat Pray Run, DC) in your post so that your readers know you’re a part of a linkup and they can discover the other posts on the theme, and 3) Add your link to the linkup at the bottom of one of our blog posts (it will show on all three of our posts). Remember to link up a specific post and not the general link to your blog, or it won’t make sense in the archives of our posts. And 4) Visit other blogs in the linkup and leave comments! Feel free to use our badge above, but it’s not required.
Check out some of my favorite Friday Fives:
- Five Tips for Staying Fit Through the Holidays
- Five Cold Weather Running Tips
- Five Reasons to Try a Triathlon
- My Five Fitness Truths
- 5 Things I Love About Morning Workouts
- Five Fitness Goals
- Five Racecation Packing Tips
- Five Favorite Fitness Activities
- Five Race Day Essentials
- Five Things To Love About Running
- My Five Motivational Mantras
- Five Fitness Ways to Pay it Forward
Tri Talk Tuesday!
Theme for Tuesday, December 8 – TRIATHLETE GIFT IDEAS
Check out our previous Tri Talk Tuesday posts:
- The Swim
- The Bike
- The Run
- Transition Checklist
- What to Wear For a Triathlon
- Triathlon Goals
- Bike Maintenance
- Pre-Race Jitters
- Training/Life Balance
- 10 Things NOT to Do When You Have the Taper Crazies!
- Preparing For Your First Open Water Swim Practice
- Swimming Tools & Gadgets
- Fueling Your Training – Healthy Eating Inspiration!
- Race Day Fueling
- Your Race Support Crew, and what to do when nobody shows up to cheer you on at your race
- Triathlon Race Logistics
- Lessons Learned from Training and Racing
- 10 Triathlon Race Etiquette Tips
- Training Burnout? You Can Learn to Love it Again!
- Cars, Please Don’t Kill Me! An Ode to Cycling on the Road
- 5 Favorite Triathlon Gear Must Haves
- Triathlon Skills Development
- The Anatomy of a Triathlon Race Day Plan
- Ten Tapering Tips
- 5 Triathlon Off Season Training Tips
- Triathlon Race Season Planning
- Triathlon Goals 2015
- Triathlon Training Plans
- Improving Triathlon Swimming
- Why I Love the Bike Trainer
- 7 Do’s and Don’ts for the Run
- 5 Triathlon Transition Tips
- Triathlon Etiquette
- Wetsuit Basics
- Ways to be more Aerodynamic on the Bike
- 6 Tips for Triathlon Training in the Heat
- Triathlon Favorites
- Triathlon Race Day To Do List
- Triathlon Recovery and Rest Time for Moms
- 6 Triathlon Off Season Tips